Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Meet Your Clan Mate, VorpalRenegade

This week, I interviewed VorpalRenegade about MLP and videogames. When you play with this guy enemy killstreaks are nonexistent. His killstreaks are usually in the air too. Check out his interview after the jump and remember you gotta go fast.
VorpalRenegade's OC
Question number 3 pertains to season 3 information released from Comic-Con, so avoid it if you don't want spoilers.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.  

I'm 17, entering my senior year in high school. I'm on the cross-country and distance track teams since I have too much energy for my own good. I've also been playing video games since I was 4. I own every Nintendo console and handheld except the Virtual Boy, plus a few others. Yeah, I've played a lot of games.

Who is your favorite pony?

Of the Mane 6 it would have to be Rainbow Dash, probably because I'm a runner. She exemplifies the kind of athlete I am: determined to get better, has a bit of an ego, loves showing off, yet still pretty lazy. For the background ponies, Vinyl Scratch is awesome because of her design. Also, I love my music almost to the point of being an audiophile.  

Have you heard of any news from Comic-Con about season 3? What do you think about it so far?

I haven't heard too much, but I have heard the two songs that were revealed. Sounds awesome. Crystal ponies? Sounds awesome. More Cadence? Still so awesome, hopefully she'll bring Shining Armor with her. Knowing only this much, I'm going to try to remain unspoiled until season 3 comes out.

Where in Equestria would be the best vacationing spot?

I haven't seen any beaches in Equestria (yet), so I'm going to say Canterlot. Big cities always have things to do.

Who is your favorite character/creature that isn't a pony?

Discord. This is the kind of villian I love. The kind that does things that can't be forgiven, yet it's impossible not to like them. Plus, he's the God of Chaos. The exploding chocolate milk scene is one of my favorite scenes ever.

What other games are you excited about this year?

Assassin's Creed III, Resident Evil 6, Pikmin 3, and Halo 4. Black Ops 2 sounds quite promising too. But honestly the game I'm most hyped for is Fighting is Magic, though there's no evidence whether it will be out by the end of the year.

How serious do you take your gaming?

I have fun playing competitvely and performing well, but I don't take it to the point of insulting other players that get the better of me. I'll get ticked off if I encounter cheap tactics, but I'll typically shrug it off and find a way to deal with it. Not much short of hacking can make me ragequit. Video games are supposed to be fun. If they make you mad, there's a serious issue.

The best video games ever would be?

Something with the combat system of Devil May Cry 3, the level exploration of Zelda, world exploration of Metroid Prime, an upgrade system and soundtrack on par with the Megaman X series, and writing on par with Half-Life.

Anything else you want to share?

I love fighting games. On Xbox I play Super Street Fighter 4 AE and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and I plan on picking up Blazblue CSE and Soul Calibur 5 sometime. When my Wii still worked I was an avid player of Brawl and its various modification, mostly Project M. Since the Wii is absurdly cheap now, I really should get around to getting another one. I'd love to find some guys to play these with!


2 comments:

  1. Good interview!

    I like our members who play for fun and not for the Great Glory of gaming.

    ReplyDelete