Friday, July 20, 2012

RIP Domination ClOps

Sad news, everypony. I've just learned that tomorrow's Domination ClOp might be the last of its kind.

Forever in our hearts.
In the spirit of friendly competition, I'd like to give my favorite gametype a lively send-off by putting out a clan-wide challenge: get more captures than me on this ClOp and win a year of Xbox Live! Details after the jump.

First, about the end of Domination. It's not officially confirmed, but here's the schedule for the next month:

The new pattern seems to be Hardcore KC/TDM Friday, KC Saturday, TDM Sunday.
They've changed plenty of details about ClOps at the last minute before, but I'm not holding my breath on this one. I'm a little surprised it's lasted this long, actually; out of the three ClOp gametypes, it gives boosters the biggest advantage. But no crying over spilled milk--let's get back to the good part.

Rainbow Dash painting not included.
I have a stack of six one-year subscription cards for Xbox Live that are up for grabs to anyone willing to challenge me for the top spot on our leaderboard! Are you pony enough to try?

The Rules

  • Anyone who places in our top 6 and has a higher score than I do for this ClOp will get a one-year Xbox Live subscription.*
  • No boosting! Seriously, it'll get your (and possibly the clan's) stats reset. Don't do it.
  • Scores will be counted on our clan page, post-verification. This means only premium members are eligible, sorry.  Buuuuut...
  • ...if you're not premium and want to participate, find a premium bro and team up. If they win a subscription and give you a shout-out, you'll get something too. Depending on how many people succeed, it might not be a subscription, but I'll make sure it's something cool.
  • The competition may be voided in the event of catastrophic injury to myself, my Xbox, my Internet connection, etc. 

I recommend brushing up on your point-capping strategies with the guide I wrote last month.  Good luck, everypony!


* I'll probably just type out the codes and send them via Xbox Live message instead of fooling around with the mail, because everyone likes instant gratification!

11 comments:

  1. What? WHAT?! Should I be allowed to compete? I mean, I know where you live . . . if you permit this I might just have to go kneecap you to guarantee my victory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point; I've updated the rules to cover that possibility, even though I don't need my knees to win.

      ( •_•)
      ( •_•)>⌐■-■
      (⌐■_■)

      Delete
  2. If I win can i get the painting instead please. :D Ether way it's awsome your doing this man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think mayhaps you should count non-premium members. It'll still show their points. I don't think it matters that it doesn't technically count toward our clan score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that, but this way *should* lead to the most teamwork and the most stuff given out, which I consider a win-win. :)

      Delete
  4. i like a challenge, may the best pony win

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would try to do great in this clan op, but I think I am going to focus on doing funny things while playing domination and get side tracked than capture flags...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, just make sure to get it on video. There may be bonus categories!

      Delete
  6. no one did better than punsy. so he gets to keep 5 years of gold. lol. i was only there for half of the op because of work, i didnt even stand a chance haha

    ReplyDelete