Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Future ClOps

So, I've been thinking a bit about the Domination and KC ops we'd like to compete in in the future, and it occurs to me that one crucial, foundational issue is teams and teamwork. For Domination, we will need very tight teamwork because the strategies are so much more involved than other gametypes, and for KC we'll need very tight teamwork because there is zero margin for error when it comes to attendance. Lethal x Gaming is regularly putting up 5000+ confirms, and if we are interested in ever having another champion badge, we'll need all of our collectors in full, six person teams the whole time.

This is why I think it's important that we lay down a more formal team structure ahead of time, rather than winging it for every op. Ideally, we'd have consistent teams of 8 who play with each other regularly and have committed the time to compete in clan ops; it's 8 rather than 6 so that there are some backup members for each team who already know the team members and can easily fit into their group flow. What might be more likely would be that we have several clan teams, including a float team whose job it is to disperse members to shore up other teams (and also play on their own as a team when that's not necessary).

There have been a lot of good ideas about what we can do for upcoming ops, but I think that consistent teamwork and professionalism are going to be the bedrock of any strategy. That means no absenteeism if you've committed to an op (yes, real life emergencies happen, but tell us! Don't just not show up). I know that there are some core groups of friends who already play together; mashing these together may be a good start for some teams. Let me know what you think in comments, but the official assignments later may look a little different: I'm sure o Apple Dash o, REALBAUS, Forsaken Genesis, Swiift v, JiaJohn, and MarsBringer would love to just stomp all over everything as a team, but we do want some semblance of team parity so we can maximize our clan's performance.

Finally, the bottom line is whether or not we're having fun, and the reason for all of this is that some of us have indicated that playing to win is a lot of fun. If it isn't for you, don't feel compelled to play with people or in a way that you don't like.

So if you are interested, let us know your team interests, gametype interests, role interests, and time availability below! I'll start:

Wharrrrrrgarbl
Prefers Kill Confirmed, reasonably competent at TDM, will play Domination under duress.
Have some experience as a tag collector, also interested in playing support killstreaks for backup.
At work from 6AM to 6PM most weekdays and works some weekends, but can give notice. Otherwise available for 1-2 ops per weekend, perhaps 1-2 practice sessions per week.
Have discussed team formation with o Apple Dash o. Left at the team altar by REALBAUS. :'(

9 comments:

  1. I like all game modes except for headquarters,I would like to try tag collector due to my increasing performance in Kill Confirmed but I'm willing to play support anytime. I'm available 24/7 (considering it's summer vacation for me), for teams I will work with anyone long if the team is willing to do their part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punsy Charlatan

    Domination: Stickiest Fingers
    Kill Confirmed: Competent Collector
    Team Deathmatch: Absolute Garbage

    I'm usually free on weekends and some weeknights. I enjoy playing with my IRL friends, but I'm not super-picky about team assignments as long as people are chill and don't bail early.

    I'll be on vacation for the next two Domination ClOps, but if anyone's interested in training for it, I'll be available to play later tomorrow night. I've also got a longwinded strategy post about it ready whenever someone adds me as a contributor (cough, cough :) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added your lazy ass twice now. Find your own damn blog. >_<

      Delete
    2. I only had it for like two days the first time, and I didn't even know there had been a second time. ;_;

      But if you insist: http://codmlp.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  3. Synaesthios

    Any Game Mode

    my schedule is open right now but I spend a lot of time playing Diablo 3 so I don't check my xbox live messages often. I prefer playing kill confirmed and domination clan ops because of the team work and since it's better for TDM to roll solo and hope you get a lobby of noobs on both teams. Anyway the best way to reach me is actually through skype or facebook so feel free to add me there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jojokanojojo

    I'll play any game mode

    I just got a job that lets me work any day of the week and i most likly will unless there are CLops that day so hopefully someone will notify me before. If possible message me on xbox to get my facebook or skype cause i check that alot so i will be able to see when the ops are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dangeresque13

    I prefer KC and TDM but i'm just mediocre at those (also I'm not premium so I run support roles!)
    I will deal with Domination if I can be of assistance.

    Like Wharrrrrr I work long hours during the week and some weekends, I usually can make 1-2 ops per weekend but rarely all three. I just like playing with other ppl and always do much better when I'm part of a good team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am available generally Thursday and Friday evenings and the weekends after 2pm. Mon - Wed before 3pm.

    I play TDM and KC (as Support). I think I can do Domination pretty well. Also not to bad at HC.

    I waited to respond because I will hopefully have a job interview in the next week. And though you all are awesome, I need to get money to complete my last year of schooling. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Available Whenever!

    CottonField101 <(Doesn't scream 'Love and Tolerate' does it?)

    I enjoy just generally playing with you guys no matter what the op is.

    ReplyDelete