Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Meet the Competition, lIIIIIHIIIIIl

Next up in our series of interviews is lIIIIIHIIIIIl, leader of the E=mc2 clan! These guys place in the top ten almost every time, so they're pretty serious business, but I had no idea how far their plans for world domination extended! Again, lightly edited due to some glitches with facebook chat, but check it out after the jump!

[Pony] So, tell us a little bit about yourself.

[NRG=] I'm a Design Engineer for B.Hepworth in Uk we are Wiper Systems manufacturers for the rail industryYeah you can interview me it will make good media Im cool with that, its almost 1am here though .

[Pony] All right, I'll try to make it quick. So, you're a design engineer; I presume that's a lot of autoCAD, going to manufacturers for quality assurance, etc.? Is there anything else about yourself you'd like to tell us about?


[NRG=] Yeah I use Solidworks 3D I will send you a couple of pictures accross I rendered a Dog statue I designed around 2 weeks ago to be placed in Chesterfield City centre over the next couple of weeks. We are a group organisation with a fabrications department so this is why its not a wiper  .

[Pony] B. Hepworth is, or E=mc2?

[NRG=] B.Hepworth Lol. I have just tagged you in a couple of renders hope you like them.

[Pony] I saw, very neat! Do you mind if I put them up with the interview?
So shiny.


[NRG=] Right lets move on to the interesting stuff, E=mc2.

[Pony] Sure. Can you tell us a bit about the history of the clan?

[NRG=] The clan began as a couple of guys Myself & SWOBLING (My Brother in law) we started using E=mc as our clan tag back on MW2 this was mainly because E=mc2 (Einsteins theory of relativity) is the key feature in the formula to create a Nuclear Explosion so as we beasted Nukes it was appropriate.

[Pony] That's a pretty solid start! When did you start picking up more members?

[NRG=] Upon the release of Elite we had both bought Founder so we created E=mc2 not expecting to achieve what we have so far really.

[Pony] Oh? Do tell.

[NRG=] We quickly advanced to a level around 15 while most clans was only level 1 or 2, this gave us massive power in inticing new recruits, we quicky gained about 5 excellent payers and while beasting with our Gold clan tags on show the invites rolled in. We didnt have much rules to begin with but as the numbers filled up and our popularity grew we was able to enforce rules and minimum kd levels to only recruit quality as quantity was no longer an issue. our base for our clan was originally a group of friends but has developed through online recruitment. this has developed into turning some of these local guys into real friends we have met and hung out on occasions but only after we have became friends online during play. I have been friends with a game developer and web master CHEATBEASTxCOM from before my COD Days and his advice in moving the clan forward has been golden. I was not expecting this but it takes all of my spare time but we now make money from our ever succesful and growing You Tube channel.

[Pony] You've managed to monetize your clan? I understand if you'd rather not share trade secrets, but that's pretty surprising to me. What does it entail?

[NRG=] Knowing the potential our clan (like yours) has to become famous and proffit making excites me massively, we have some concepts in moving forward that with the correct investment will have big pay backs, we have several developers and You Tube / TGN directors onboard and the direction we are heading is up up up.

[Pony] Well, our clan's based on someone else's intellectual property, so I'm not sure we'll be making money off of it any time in the foreseeable future, but that's really interesting! So, it sounds like you have a pretty strong core of people you know from real life and outside of Call of Duty, is that the case for most of your clan mates? Or is it largely made up of online recruits?

[NRG=] We are desperate for our 1st Champion Badge but our current methods of recruitment (top secret) is making us stronger in skill and proven ability by the day, we have been extremely close on 11 occasions and its just a matter of time now, we are currently having a recruitment drive for USA members and its going well at the moment, we are worldwide at the moment with a very strong AUS team and European team featuring guys from switzerland, Germany, U.K & more

[Pony] Sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire! Is there anything you like to do to blow off steam? For comparison, we have a thing we call 6 gallon jugs, where we get six recon juggernauts and run around being silly. The Wicked Elite has a slightly more difficult game they play where they all get MOABs in one game. Anything similar in awesomeness or silliness from E=mc2?

[NRG=] We now have 15 USA members and each day we finish the lonewolf ops with around 4 or 5 in the usa top 10 (surrounded by Codz Sqad Members) and we ram the top 20 solid with almost all E=mc2 members for the european based Lonewolf operations daily.

[Pony] Holy moly, you win Lone Wolf ops for fun?

[NRG=] We mainly focus on Lonewolf ops for our internal fun but we also try to get 10 moabs in 1 game between us, we still havent achieved it yet 9 is our best, we have a few guys who Moab every game without trying, check out OptimizeRR or Theoptimizegamer on you tube he Moabs like every new elite map 1st play every time. Monster. We monetised as I am the sole owner of everything that the clan is involved so I own all the rights, Our music we use is created for us by musicians connected to us from school etc.

[Pony] Very neat! What's the toughest thing about leading E=mc2?

[NRG=] The toughest thing is finding the time and getting everybody together for clan ops, most fall at crazy times for us in the uk like 2-5am so this just is comforting when we get big turn outs to know the dedication of most of our members to wake at 2am to play or to stay up almost all weekend to be involved. The time is hard I have 2 children a wife, a full time high pressure job and this clan to run but I am hoping to make $£1000 from it in the future and its heading in the correct direction, we have a website under construction and more tricks up our sleeveds than a magician to make lots of proffits. 1 of my concepts has the potential to go very big but I cannot reveal sorry. Also with the proffit I have a coupleof business concepts seperate from gaming that also have huge potential but do require big investment.

[Pony] What about the most rewarding thing?

[NRG=] the most rewarding thing is and what drives me to succeeed is primarily the money but also being arguably the 4th most successful elite clan out of some 35000 clans fills me with a sense of achievement, we also feature now over on PSN and growing rapidly due to our fame from Xbox.

[Pony] Who's your favorite pony?(you can refer to http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Characters if you need a cheat sheet)

[NRG=] My favourite Pony has to be the native Usa pony the Wharrrgarble breed [ed: Flatterer. >_>]

[Pony] Are there any people in your clan who you think would be interested in doing an interview?

[NRG=] I think CheddarBob would be a great interview as he is the funniest guy I have met,

[Pony] Thanks so much for your time! Any parting messages for [Pony] or the world?

[NRG=] You guys have the all important champion badge which we so desire but on the whole our results have exceeded yours, takes nothing away from you guys you have intelligent and organised leadership to have achieved champ badges and I admire you guys alot. Lastly thanks for the interview its been fun, see you guys up top in upcoming clan ops, hopefully a little lower than us though  peace out and much love from all at E=mc2

[Pony] We'll do our best! Best of luck on the champ badges and your other endeavors!

SO SHINY

8 comments:

  1. Cool to learn about some of the other clans. Keep it up Whar, and next week do a piece on the cod squad. Make sure to include a graphic of a gun toting fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AutoCAD? Engineering and drafting? That's exactly what I do! I feel there's a lot that I should have told REALBAUS for my interview eh? I'm actually quite baus myself with the whole drafting thing, my friend and I made the Party Cannon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know much about CAD for CNC machining? :3

      Delete
    2. Haven't worked much on 3D modeling, that's Junior and Senior year, but I'm still pretty good with it; I could see what you need and do my best?

      Delete
    3. Basically I just need to go rootin' around in my notes and I'll be all set.

      Delete
  3. Ooo, hey there hammer, nice to see around our neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview going on here!
    One question? How do I change my stupid blog picture?

    ReplyDelete