Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Renaissance Man 5's Usurpation of the Week: Radar Gun!

 Renaissance Man is this week's Wet Onion.

 Details after the jump:

The idea of this class is to let you and your team know where the enemy is as often as possible. I tend to rock this class when I am partied up, though I am pretty successful with it on my own as well.

From the top, we start out with the M4A1 as our primary weapon. This gun has the second fastest
reload time of all assault rifles, minimizing the loss of Sleight of Hand for you speed junkies. Further,
although the ACR has a faster reload time (by 0.1s) and does slightly better damage, without the Kick proficiency the bullet groupings loosen up significantly. Thus, with two attachments, the M4A1 is more accurate. The silencer will allow you to get near and stay near enemies longer and the extended mags (or grenade launcher) increase your ability to tag people with Recon Pro.

The secondary is not as important, but a Stinger makes sense since this class is based around a support role. Any silenced machine pistol or dedicated grenade launcher will work fine here as well.

Frag vs Semtex is largely user preference. Both can be thrown a long distance and light enemies up on radar if the blast isn’t fatal.

Concussion grenades can be thrown farther than flash grenades, which go off a certain amount of time after release. The danger is that a flash grenade may go off while still in the air. A concussion grenade explodes when it lands and can be tossed over buildings and walls, increasing your range of surveillance.

Recon Pro, obviously is the center of this class. Use it to light people up on radar so you can get the jump to finish them off or leave them to a teammate, which brings us to….

Hardline Pro. Tagging enemies will mean that your bros might pick up the kill before you. That’s fine
because every two assists counts as a kill for your kill streak, allowing you to cruise through the whole list a couple times a game. Also, your teammates will love you for identifying enemy locations and orientations in real time.

Marksman will allow you to pick out enemies more easily, especially those behind partial concealment. Toss a grenade and light them up or line up your sights for a headshot.

The strike package continues the theme of keeping tabs on enemy locations. The support UAV will come fast and get you and the rest of the team going. The Recon Drone is annoying as hell to the enemies and will allow you to rapidly tag enemies and give your team callouts for baddies all over the map. The AUAV needs no validation. It’s super helpful to the whole team.

Finally, Final Stand is really annoying, yes, but it also helps you get one or two more tags (and maybe even a kill) if you have quick reflexes.

11 comments:

  1. I'm definitely trying this out. Though on the subject of Flash vs Concussion, I use Flash with my recon classes since they have a wider effective range on detonation, marking more targets. I guess it depends on the map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a good class. I'll try it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recon Pro is SO helpful to the tag collector! Aside from getting me some kills more easily, it lets me know where to run for tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proof I'm totally hipster: Had this exact class about the first time I was a sixth prestige.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice: Martyrdom. Every day. Recon Martyrdom in KC is unstoppable, even the kids who survive it are screwed.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a good loadout, especially cause I just got Recon Pro today and was trying to think of a good loadout for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, dang. Onion sent me a new write-up a few days ago, but I was holding off on posting it due to celebrations and signups and whatnot. Well, I guess I'll wait a few days, maybe a week (sorry Onion) so that everypony can try this out first. I'm sad I'm delaying new content, but I'm quite pleased to see more people wanting to contribute.

    As to the class, it's awesome. As someone who regularly plays on the same team as somepony running this, I can say that having all this support is really helpful.
    Recon Pro, combined with good callouts makes you an unstoppable monster of support. This can be extremely helpful in securing that win, or just really beating your opponents into the ground as their surprise "mane"uvers get shut down because they're lit up like Christmas trees.
    Recon drones annoy, infuriate and disorient enemies, and if you're well-versed in the map callouts, they basically are a BlOps Blackbird, giving your team enemy locations and movement directions. Recon drones also give you awesome amounts of xp and score points (yay leaderboards), so this class is useful at nearly any level, with the main limiting factor being pro'ing out Recon. I like the recurring Recon theme, and I definitely agree with what The Wet Onion has said about it being severely underrated.
    If you're a good player, but don't reliably get those AC-130's, this is a great way you can really help out your teammates. To Renaissance, and anypony else who runs this, I salute you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem, there's no rush to get it up :P as for the class, I love the M4, and though I still maintain that silencer+Kick works the best, this class looks like it'd work just as well.

      Delete
  7. This reminded me how much I love M4A1...I haven't played with it during this prestige but I played a couple games today and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my darlings idk if I should put this on here but it seemed important...... so here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydrFSPpvYPc&feature=g-all-u (to explain the "removed comment" i misspelled "here" XD

      Delete