Sunday, May 27, 2012

[Swag]

Update: Check out the poll to the side to register your opinion! You can pick multiple options, but please go by upper limits on pricing; I know anyone who will pay $20 for a shirt will pay less than that if possible.

So I've heard some rumblings about making t-shirts or some other clan swag and I figured I'd throw the idea out there for everyone. How many of us would want a clan shirt? Would we need to have a design contest to figure out what to put on it? What I've seen for custom shirts with a single color is that they run between 20$-5$ each depending on how many you order, plus shipping. You don't get the 5$ price unless you buy a LOT of shirts, though - like, 100+.

I was thinking that, since we won a bunch of kill confirmed ops, it would be pretty awesome to get brass dog tags made - I was thinking sets with one tag marked with
  • Name (maybe [Pony] Name?)
  • My Little Pony
  • KC Champions
  • May 2012
and the other embossed with this:




If I understand the merchants correctly, the tags would be $7 for a pair of brass tags with the stamped words, and 55c apiece for the blanks I'd emboss Derpy onto. If I can get different names on each tag in a pair, that would mean ~$4.50 per pair of tags before accounting for shipping and the cost of the embossing die. I'm poking around for quotes from some die manufacturers and will hopefully have an idea soon of how much clan dog tags would actually cost to produce (this place sounds like they generally serve business clients, so I don't know if the dies would cost in the tens of dollars or in the hundreds...). That said, how many of us would actually kick in money for some tags?

I also saw a few places which would make red aluminum tags, which would also make sense since your own tags (and the champion badge!) are red, but I like brass shinies.

Anyway, shirt or tags, let us know what you're interested in below!

22 comments:

  1. Oh man I would totally wear this under my scrubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Reminds me, John, my glasses are still screwing up as I said in my mass message to every pony so I'm still going to be useless atm because now they've gotten to the point last night where they wont even be clean now so I'm sorry in advance DX

      Delete
    2. It's OK, Rarity. We know you still love us.

      Delete
    3. I know and I miss you all soooooooooooooooo much ;_;

      Delete
  2. Defiantly dog tags for me since they're always in style ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wearing custom made KC Champion dog tags for [Pony] sounds like the single most badflank thing I could possibly do. I have no money. Time to sell my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good idea, i'll definitely get things with our clan swag on it.
    and will definitely wear these to bronycon if they are made before then :)
    i also like vBeta's idea of our emblem being used on here-http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii30/Darkshadow512/bronze_star_medal.png if this would be possible to produce

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd definitely throw down cash dolla's on a dog tag and [Pony] show.
    If there's even a possibility of using our actual clan emblem, I'm going to want to rework it a little bit. Only having 8 layers/symbols to work with is pretty tough. I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derpy Hooves, while hilarious, is still rather difficult to render with those restrictions. I've changed it something that I think everypony will recognize and enjoy. Let me know if you enjoy the new look or want the old Derpy back.

      Delete
    2. Well, I loves me some Derpy, but Dashie does look really sweet.

      Awesome job Mars, BTW.

      Delete
  6. Yes! I love the idea of clan dog tags. That would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have to say I that while I'd love brass tags regardless, I definitely think the red tags would be more appropriate because it matches the Champion badge. Since these are to represent the ClOp.

    Also definitely, [PONY]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing about red tags is that they cost a dollar more and I'm not sure how well the finish would take embossing.

      Delete
    2. Ok. I would easily spend the dollar more, but we don't need to put Jia through MORE work. ;-)

      Like I said, I'd love the tags either way. :-)

      Delete
    3. One of each would make the most sense, brass for kills to confirm and red for kills to deny. =)

      Delete
  8. I think r both great plus who wouldn't want to wear dogtags with a clan shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be behind getting some tags just for the hell of it =)
    Might be about a month or so before I could consider it though due to money at the moment, but that should be solved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all for brass tags. I also had another idea: rubber bracelets, like this.

    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/79898817/2012-05-28%2015.58.53.jpg

    Derpy could go in the middle, and clan stuff around the circumference. Just an idea I had.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news everypony, I can see once more! went to the eye center and they gave them a nice polish and now I can clean my glasses easily and they stay clean. Least I hope so...at any rate Lil Miss Rarity here can finally play with all of you darlings once more ♥

    ReplyDelete