Thursday, May 31, 2012

[Swag] Update Update

So, I just got a quote back from one of the engravers I approached; the others didn't even reply. Anyway, he says that for the level of derpiness we're after, their price is $230 for a hand stamp. That's not a male and female embossing die set which you would use to press images into a material,, but rather an image cut into a steel block that you whack with a hammer to cut that image into a surface. Basically, the image would be more like an engraving than an embossing, and would cost about $5 more per person if 20 of us go in for it. If every single person who expressed any interest is in, for 31 people, it would be ~$13, but that's outside the stated price range for many of the poll respondents. I'm willing to put down a little more money, but with 13 people having said they'd be willing to pay actual money for it, the price we're looking at now is more like $30 per person. >_<

If we can get 20 people total, we can get it under $20 per person. It would be 2-3 weeks for them to make the stamp, then they ship. I can probably get the rest of the tags during this time. Then I would stamp the blanks and get everything mailed out to everypony. How does that sound? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll poke around a little more and see if I can get it any cheaper, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

10 comments:

  1. I'd be willing to front a little extra too, if it means getting the glory of our Pony clan out to more members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, come on Whar, what's a few bucks more on top of the 200K+ debt we already have?

      Delete
  2. If we get enough people to bring it down to $20 or under I can do it. Our car has broke for the last time so we need to get a new one, forcing tight funds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ill do wat ever it takes brah, im still all in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, $30 for tags? I throw in, but let's see if we can get it down. Are we still doing shirts? At $30, maybe we should just stick to tags. Lemme know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still want a brass and red tag. Brass with info, red with image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'll be a while before i can actually send money to you dear, reason being is because I'm still jobless money is getting bleh...but! Hopefully that changes soon since i sent out an app to where my grandfather works so hopefully I'll get that job and get the money as well since i want those tags D:< (hope this is understandable darling. ♥)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in, I probably spent hundreds of dollars on video games just to get points for a MW3 Dogtag.

    ReplyDelete